Our Core Beliefs
About the Scriptures:
- We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
- We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became ﬂesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
- We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufﬁcient payment for their sin.
- We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the ﬁnished work of Christ.
- The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and loving other people thereby being motivated to make God known to a world that does not know of a personal relationship with Him.